Monday, February 8, 2010

Dustin



Last night I received a call at church that my cousin, Dustin, was severely injured in an accident. He and a couple of friends were on their way back to school in Fargo when their car slid into a ditch. They were outside the vehicle, trying to dig it out, when another car slid into them. All of them were injured, but Dustin took the brunt of it. His brain was injured, and there were issues with his kidneys. The Lord in His great wisdom took Dustin home to heaven this morning at 3:15am.
I cannot imagine what a blow this is to my aunt and uncle,who are my Godparents, and his younger sister, who is just in high school. They, and we, are a very close-knit family. However, "I know that my Redeemer liveth"- I know he is in heaven, and that assurance moves me through the grief and heartache that I am really feeling right now. I thank God for that faith that I know he had. He was in a praise band singing praises here on earth, and now he is in the ultimate praise band.
Lord, thank you for the love You have for us down below- and grant us understanding of these especially difficult things that have occurred. In Your Holy Name we praise you, along with the angels-
Amen.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Em- I'm so sorry to hear this news! But what a blessing to know of his saving faith, and that he is truly home now. Let me know if there is anything I can do. Watch Josiah, bake you some cookies, anything :)

Melanie said...

I'm so sorry for your family's loss. May God give all of you peace and comfort in his promises.

LoveLladro said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I have no words... just that I am sorry.