Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Whew!

It's been a long, LONG week.
Mostly cuz I've been dealing with a sick little J man. He started a fever last wednesday, we figure. He felt pretty warm, but was acting completely normal, so I didn't really think anything of it.
But then on Thursday, while he was at the babysitter's house, he apparently tried napping on their floor and was acting kind of miserable. This is odd because he had just woken up from his nap when he got there.
We had our usualy thursday night get-together, and he was just SO clingy- didn't want to even play with the Duplos- which is also very unusual. When we finally got home, I took his temperature, and it was over 103 (under the armpit- so really we should add one more degree to that, and it was over 104) Despite alternating Tylenol and motrin every couple of hours, the fever rarely dipped blow that point. So we took him into Urgent care on Saturday, where they diagnosed him with an ear infection, which was a surprise for them, since he wasn't showing any other symptoms like pulling on his ear or runny/stuff nose.
They prescribed amoxycillan and we were good. 10 days, every 8 hours he would get a dosage of the awesome pink stuff.

But then on Sunday, the poor little guy started getting little raw, red spots EVERYWHERE on his torso, neck, face, and some on his legs. And on Monday it was worse. So I stopped giving his the amoxycillan, and called his regular pediatrician. She was able to squeeze me in right away to take a look at him, and sure enough, the red stuff all over his body was an allergic reaction to the medication. But then she looked into his ears- and said that the infection was mild enough that his body should heal itself on its own. No more meds.
I'm good with that!

So, long story short, $65 copay to get into Urgent care on Saturday, $14 for the medication, and then a $35 copay to see his pediatrician on Monday, and now we are back to where we started from. No meds, letting his body heal on its own.
Small price to pay to know my baby will be well :)



Oh, and on Thursday night, my sister, Mandy, had baby #4 :) We are SO happy to see you, Miss Jordyn Grace! Can't wait to meet you in person~
If you want to see pictures of her, just click here



Em

1 comment:

chocolate hug said...

I'm glad that Josiah is doing better! I've had the same kind of allergic reaction to meds before. It always starts on my legs...so so itchy!

I hope we get some clear days this week so I can submit something for the challenge! :)