Tuesday, August 12, 2008

21 weeks, 1 day


Hello, All!
I just spent a wonderful week with my family out in Michigan and Ohio- I left last Wednesday, and Jonathan flew in on Friday on a friend's plane to a little airport just outside Garden City, MI. We had an awesome dinner at Red Robin (neither of us had ever been to one- since we don't have them here in WI) with Jonnie, Kimmy, and the kids, then drove down to Heather and Richard's place in Ohio that night. We stayed with them until Monday morning, and had an awesome time all around!
These pics are from this afternoon- 21 weeks and 1 day. Baby now measures over 10 inches long and weighs about 3/4 of a pound. He's growing fast!
A lot of people have been asking what we're going to name him, and I don't know that we'll know until his birthday. We have a lot of names that we like, but I can't see us actually settling on one until we see him in person. We'll see- that may change :)
I was supposed to have my ultrasound this morning, but Jonathan had a mandatory work meeting at the same time, so we had to reschedule it for next week. I did, however, have a terrible nightmare that I had to go to it alone, and that they found some major birth defects and was told that the baby wouldn't survive outside of the womb, and that I had to decide what to do, without Jonathan being there! All this news was told to me in front of a panel of Doctors, so I didn't have time to really think about what was going on and absorb what the Dr. was telling me, and all I could do was cry and mourn, knowing my baby wasn't going to survive. How depressing! Needless to say, I was thrilled to know that I was dreaming once I woke up, but it still took me a while to realize that it wasn't real- it was just a dream. It still left a terrible feeling in the pit of my stomach. I guess deep down I still am really worried about our baby- even though everything else on the ultrasound last time appeared completely normal and healthy. I guess it will help to have that confirmed when we have the appointment next Monday.
Please Keep us in your prayers- thanks!! :)

2 comments:

chocolate hug said...

No worries Emily! No matter what God is in control! It's tough before the baby is born, sometimes I wished I were a marsupial so I could just open my pouch and take a peek at Sam to make sure he was okay. It's tough not being able to know, but really God is just giving you another opportunity to trust him and love him!

Here's praying for you!

katie said...

Actually, there are Red Robins in Wisconsin. Just not near Milwaukee. I've been to one in Oshkosh, and one in Green Bay. yum!