Monday, June 1, 2009

My little friends

I have this wonderful little garden that wraps around a lot of my house that I absolutely LOVE. In the springtime everything seems to be in bloom- bushes, trees, and bulbs.
Numerous animals are frequent visitors to said garden (it helps that we have a bird feeder, too) But this year we seems to have attracted a FLOCK of mourning doves and the neighborhood Mallard duck, who quacks at me from the garage roof while I work in the garden.
Now, don't get me wrong, I love the fact that these little animals call my yard their home, but now I feel like I have to be careful walking out my back door so as not to disturb their roosts. Silly, I know, but there it is. I like them in my garden, and I don't really want them to leave (like my little chipmunk friend from last year who disappeared shortly after I saw a red-tail hawk in our front tree....poor, poor little chipmunk.)
Photo features of my fine-feathered friends: (yeah, I am a nerd;)




No comments: