Monday, July 28, 2008

19 weeks pregnant



Well, 19 weeks already!
It's kind of funny to think back at the first 12-14 weeks of pregnancy, and how SLOWLY it all went by- the morning sickness was NEVER ending, and I just couldn't do anything without feeling like i was going to lose whatever was in my stomach.
Well, now it seems to be taking a turn around a very fast bend in the road. The baby is most definitely kicking, full-out kicks! Even Jon was able to feel it on Friday. I feel very fortunate because I know that there are a lot of women who haven't been able to feel that for a few weeks past where I'm at.
I've also started realizing that, yes, we really are having a child. WOW. the halfway point is upon us, the baby is kicking, and we're having the anatomy ultra sound this week. Crazy stuff!
Soon our housemate will be moving out (this week, I think) and the room she is currently living in will be the baby's room, so we're going to have to talk about what we want done in there. I have my ideas, but haven't really truly pitched it to Jon yet. It scares me to think about what he might have to say about it. We don't always agree when it comes to decorating and arranging furniture.
These pics are from this morning- 19 weeks. I don't seem to look as big as I feel, and I think I was looking bigger yesterday (Jon and I were walking around the zoo with my friends Diana and Nick and their son, Sam, and we had all kinds of free food for Tau fest, so I think the combination of the heat, water retention, Ice cream, hotdog, chicken sandwich, and grilled corn on the cob, my stomach REALLY looked pregnant :)
I'll be posting again hopefully Wednesday with the Ultrasound update~
~Em

2 comments:

chocolate hug said...

I think it may have been that tight little shirt! :)

katie said...

I can definitely start to see a little "baby bump"--especially when comparing this to your first pictures :) Can't wait to hear the ultrasound results tomorrow! -kt